Stem cells are generally the foundation of every tissue or organ in the body by which these cells have the ability to develop into other cell types in the body. They are used by medical professionals to replace cells and tissues that are damaged or even lost due to diseases and other conditions. And did you know that Stem Cells can differentiate into other types of cells and divide themselves to produce more of the same cells that are needed to be replaced and this where Stem Cell treatments come into view?
There is a number of sources where stem cells come from:
- Embryonic Stem Cells – This comes from embryos that are only three to five days old.
- Adult Stem Cells – Found in most adult tissues like bone marrow or their fat.
- Perinatal Stem Cells – Coming from the amniotic fluid inside the umbilical cord which has the ability to change into special cells.
Today, Stem Cell Treatments or Stem Cell Therapy is far better than many conventional treatments available which are not very effective. Because of the wonderful and great features of stem cells, treatment is fast, safe, and be almost completed in a couple of days, unlike other treatment for diseases that would take long for results and effectivity to arise. Stem Cell treatments are now done around the world and are a very promising method for curing diseases. And what are the diseases and conditions that can be repaired, regenerated, and be restored by this method?
- Spinal Cord injuries due to untoward accidents
- Alzheimer’s disease which is the leading cause of intellectual and social skills
- Parkinson’s disease and other neurological conditions
- Heart Muscle cells that are damaged by a heart attack
Stem Cell treatment is an amazing technique where many of the injuries that a certain individual has experienced could be repaired without the need of major surgery, giving that person the ability to go back to the things that they normally do every day. Here are other conditions that the Stem Cell therapy can target and heal.
- Arthritis in joints
- ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis), which destroys neurons controlling muscles.
- Ankle sprains which tear tissues from sports or other activities.
- Achilles tears
- Autoimmune diseases such as Lupus and Psoriasis
- Cartilage defects
- Back pain
- Kidney Failure
Stem Cell treatments are now known all over the world and are performed with a high success rate. The need for surgery is lessened thanks to stem cell methods. People are now enjoying lives back to their old selves that were hit by certain diseases and conditions, thanks to the ever-developing treatments that are readily available.
The body’s improvement after the treatment can be felt after 6-8 weeks and some as fast as 3 weeks and will have a continuous improvement over 6 months. The recovery from the stem cell treatment may cause mild soreness from the injection for a week which will dramatically disappear afterward.
Nowadays, we have the technology, the manpower, the knowledge, and equipment to fight diseases and conditions that can impair our well-being which destroys the future. We are just thankful that the ever-evolving technology is here that can change the course of lives of others who suffer physical and mental stress due to conditions of the body. Medicine and science hand in hand creates methods that we never thought would exist today, creating a world more active and colorful.